Roseann Latona (Rosie) opened White Swan Yoga in 2010. She is an experienced, caring instructor who has been teaching yoga for more than 18 years. A yoga practitioner for over 25 years, Roseann has taught yoga to people of all ages and ability. She received her 200-hour certification from the well-established Himalayan Institute in 2004, where she also did her 500 hour training. Roseann also completed level I Thai Yoga training and is a Certified Ayurvedic Yoga Specialist.
Trained in classical Hatha yoga, she is experienced in teaching both introductory and advanced level classes and workshops, prenatal yoga, and children’s yoga, and in adapting her instruction to her students’ needs. Her ongoing study of various yoga styles inspires both her practice and her teaching.
Outside of the studio, Roseann also enjoys sharing the practice of yoga with those that might not otherwise be exposed to it, including high-school and college students on campus, women at local shelters, and nursing home residents. She takes great pleasure in helping her students experience the inner peace and joy that yoga has to offer.
Melissa and Rosie are members of Yoga Alliance www.yogaalliance.org
200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training starts in October, 2018!
Typical Schedule will be 10 weekend Modules– Saturday and Sunday 8am-6pm October-June
- October 13-14
- November 3-4
- December 8-9
- January 5-6
- February 9-10
- March 2-3
- March 23-24
- April 6-7
- May 4-5
- June 1-2
Dates are subject to change, and there will be make up snow dates just in case!
Training Cost: $2600 if paying in full; $2800 if using payment plan.
All applicants must pay a $500 deposit upon acceptance; For payment plan, $230 will be due on each training weekend. There is a $20 application fee.
- Develop a deeper awareness of Self and others, and of the connection and purpose of all beings & nature
- Learn classic asanas and Sanskrit names for the poses
- Raja Yoga (study of yoga philosophy using Patanjali’s Yoga Sutras, history of yoga, and related texts)
- Study and practice appropriate sequencing for multiple levels of yoga practice
- Study Structural and Subtle Anatomy and Physiology
- Learn poses, modifications, and contraindications that will help you meet students specific needs.
- Learn appropriate hands-on adjustments, assists, and verbal cues
- Become a skilled and confident teacher and find your own voice and style
- Practice and learn Pranayama (breathing practices) and Meditation techniques in the Yoga Tradition
- Understand the “business” of yoga: career opportunities, how to operate your own studio, organize workshops, and what it means to register with the Yoga Alliance, obligations to maintain certification, etc.
Cost of the Program includes: *10 months of Yoga Teacher Training with directors, Melissa Scagliarini E-RYT 500 and Roseann Latona RYT 500. Anatomy with Matt Scagliarini, PT, DPT (Doctor of Physical Therapy) and Philosophy with Max Latona Ph.D.
* Teaching Yoga (Mark Stevens)
* The Yoga Sutras of Patanjali (Sri Swami Satchidananda)
* The Yamas & Niyamas: Exploring Yoga’s Ethical Practice (Deborah Adele)
* The Key Muscles of Yoga (Ray Long)
* How to know God: The Yoga Aphorisms of Patanjali (Swami Prabhavananda & Christopher Isherwood)
* Bhagavad Gita: The Beloved Lord’s Secret Love Song (Graham M. Schweig)
Optional recommended Texts
* The Key Poses of Yoga (Ray Long)
* Light on the Yoga Sutras (B.K.S Iyengar)
* Light on Yoga (B.K.S Iyengar)
* The Secret Power or Yoga (Nischala Joy Devi)
For more information about the program, please email or call: email@example.com Melissa: (603) 677-2934 or firstname.lastname@example.org, Rosie (603) 626-9642
VIDYA YOGA is registered with the Yoga Alliance (RYS).
This teacher training meets all Yoga Alliance requirements with a well balanced curriculum covering the physical aspects of yoga as well as philosophy and anatomy.
300 Hour Training will start in January, 2019! Details coming soon!